Our Master Ten Step Trainers Will:
- Train your staff in teaching the popular Ten Steps to a Federal Job curriculum.
- Give you methods for coaching federal resume writing in the winning Outline Format.
- Provide you with the latest information about Federal Human Resources and Federal Hiring Programs. This will include Merit Principles, Veteran’s Preference Hiring Programs, Schedule A, Program S for Military Spouses, Pathways… and much more.
Advantages of the Hosted Training
- Onsite training. Our trainers will come to you!
- No travel for your staff. Your staff can just be available for three days of training onsite.
- Follow-up opportunity! Ten Step Master Trainers / Consultants can return for a half-day briefing with your trained staff to review federal resume lessons, challenges and Ten Step course program training.
- Three days of federal career training by SMEs, including specialized training for your base or agency
- License to teach Ten Steps to a Federal Job® for three years
- A set of 29 total books for each participant (see below)
- Spiral bound booklet with copies of the Ten Steps to a Federal Job® curriculum
- Two to three trainers for the program, including travel and accommodations
2021 Fees* (Three-Day Training Program)
- $17,200 for up to 7 attendees
- Travel is quoted based on location for two trainers
- Additional attendees are $1,923 per person
- Available on the GSA schedule
Hosts ‒ An Auditorium Option Is Available!
In lieu of classroom-style training, there can be a live open-enrollment auditorium program for your entire base and jobseekers. This can replace the practice Ten Steps training. Other alternatives are having the Ten Steps auditorium program provided by the Ten Step Master Instructors one evening OR on a separate day. The Auditorium Ten Steps program can help you introduce the Ten Steps curriculum and generate interest for the program. You can introduce your workshops and bring federal job search clients to your office from the open enrollment classes.
Taught by Our Master Ten Step Trainers
Kathryn Troutman, Emily Troutman, John Gagnon and Charles Clark will deliver the program at your center. They will analyze resumes from your own staff databases, as well as review your resume formats and your current curriculum and methods. Being onsite, the training team can supply you with all you’ll need to make Ten Steps to a Federal Job one of your most popular workshops.
What Past Graduates Have to Say
“Very important insights into job searching, writing of resume, and understanding USAJOBS.”
‒ James Stewart, Military Transition Advisor & Instructor, USMC
“I love your 10-step technique… As an instructor, the technique is concise and organized.”
‒ Dennis Eley, Regional Wounded Warrior Coordinator, USN
Hosted Program Instructional Features ‒ 3 Days of Expert Employment Lessons!
In your classroom or computer room (preferred), we will teach federal job search lessons and USAJOBS navigation. These include:
- How many hats do you wear at work? Popular class activity!
- Accomplishment freewriting. Popular class activity!
- Keyword analysis and creating your list. Important lesson for every resume!
- Bring your own USAJOBS user name and password. Learn how to improve your profile and saved searches. Learn how to track your applications in Application Tracking!
- USAJOBS announcement search and discover – live in the classroom!
- Interpretation of the job announcements
- Sampling of the Mil2fedjobs.com website – how to use this for veterans!
- Outline format federal resume writing in USAJOBS Builder – in your own account
- Federal resume reviews and assessments with the 11-Point CheckSheet
- Veteran’s Preference Knowledge and Category Rating
- Schedule A lessons
- Program S for military spouses
- Pathways overview and announcement analysis