The New SES Application, 2nd Edition
The Starting Point: Your Top 10 List of Accomplishments
The entire SES ECQ Writing Service will begin with your Top 10 List of Accomplishments (that you MUST draft) and/or your own first draft of your ECQs if available. Our book, The New SES Application has 3 samples of Top Ten Lists for SES Candidates.
Why struggle on your own to write your Senior Executive Service application? Use a clear step-by-step method that was refined over 10 years in author Kathryn Troutman’s 2-day SES workshops, and proven to work hundreds of times in the classroom. Along the way, you’ll find excellent “before and after” samples of the application pieces. Includes the key steps involved in developing the SES application: writing the ECQs, TQs, Five-Page SES Federal Resume, and Executive Cover Letter (if needed), as well as using the required Challenge-Context-Action-Results (CCAR) format for SES narratives.
Other Top Features of the Guide include:
- Written and organized with the busy executive in mind.
- Presents a fabulous step-by-step formula for preparing the SES application refined over 10 years of workshops and work with hundreds of applicants.
- An overview of the Senior Executive Service application process, including where to find vacancies, SES salary information, and an explanation of the various types of qualifications you’ll need to meet to be successful.
- The Leadership Journey graphic allows you to do a visual check of whether or not you’re at the SES level.
- How to adapt the Accomplishments into the required Executive Core Competencies (ECQs) narratives and make sure that you are covering all the required areas.
- Two outstanding SES case studies in the book give you samples for the Executive Cover Letter, 5-Page SES Federal Resume (Paper and USAJOBS), Top 10 List of Accomplishments, Technical Qualifications, selected ECQs, and CCAR Format Accomplishments.
- The Lessons Learned chapter covers the reasons OPM rejects ECQ statements* based on actual rejection letters.
- Clear explanation of the process of being interviewed and assessed for an SES position.
- Instructions on how to prepare effectively for the SES structured interviews and answering behavior-based interview questions.
All the steps involved in applying for the Senior Executive Service are covered in
The New SES Application, 2nd Edition.
*Note: As part of our Professional Consulting and Editing Services, The Resume Place is often asked to rewrite ECQs that have been rejected by the Office of Personnel Management. We have a superb record of rewriting the ECQs so they will pass.
We also offer Part- or Full-Service SES Writing. Want to learn more? Click here.
Use the ordering widgets below.
eBook Immediate Download: $21.95
- 10-49 copies: $12.95 per book + shipping
- Best Buy: 50+ copies: $10.00 per book + shipping
For bulk orders use our contact us form (Click here.)
Call us at 410 744 4324. ext. 2.
SHIPPING FOR BULK ORDERS INSIDE THE CONTIGUOUS US:
$20 per box of 25 books.
For bulk orders, please ask for a custom quote.
SHIPPING INFORMATION FOR BULK ORDERS OUTSIDE THE CONTIGUOUS US:
Shipping to APO: $40 per box handling fee; 25 books per box.
Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico: $40 per box handling fee; 25 books per box.
APO / FPO, Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico – Please ask for a custom quote.
FOR A CUSTOM QUOTE:
Use our contact us form and tell us specifically what you want (Click here.)
Call us at 410 744 4324. ext. 2.
A custom quote is required for ALL bulk orders.
In Person Customer Services for Bulk Orders:
Zoey Troutman – 410 744-4324, ext. 2. M-F, 9 to 5 pm Eastern
We will quickly prepare an invoice and estimate and send to you for your consideration.