Department of Defense Priority Placement Program
Many BRAC-affected DOD employees are sending their resumes to the DOD Priority Placement Program.
Excepted Service Agencies and Positions
Excepted service agencies are not required to post their announcements on USAJOBS, and in fact, most of them do not. Excepted service positions are also not required to be posted on USAJOBS.
For these agencies and positions, you will need to find the announcements through other avenues, such as the agency website. Click on the links below to download a PDF file containing the lists.
Search For Federal Jobs: Listing of Agencies and Builders
Agency Selective Placement Program Coordinators
Most Federal agencies have a Selective Placement Program Coordinator, Special Emphasis Manager (SEM) for employment of adults with disabilities, or equivalent, who helps agency management recruit, hire and accommodate people with disabilities at that agency.
- For more information about the Selective Placement Program Coordinators »
- See the Selective Placement Program Coordinator Directory »
Federal Selection Interview: Unrealized Potential
Check out this 2003 report with helpful information about federal job interviews. Download report here »
Kathryn’s favorite pages from the report: page 6, 7, 13, and 23.
Military and Veterans
- On November 9, 2009, President Obama signed the Employment of Veterans in the Federal Government Executive Order, making hiring Veterans a top priority. See full article »
- List of Veteran Employment Program Offices responsible for promoting Veterans’ recruitment, employment, training and development, and retention within their respective agencies.
- Regular Military Compensation Calculator: This calculator will compute your regular military compensation based on your inputs. Regular military compensation is the approximate amount of an equivalent civilian salary. Use this number as your current salary when applying for federal civilian jobs through USAJOBS or other online builders. You may qualify for higher grades / steps.
Federal Jobs by College Major
See the USAJOBS Federal Employment Information Fact Sheet containing a table that groups Federal jobs that are often filled by college graduates with appropriate academic majors. See the fact sheet »
- USAJOBS / OPM
- Air Force
- AVUE CENTRAL
- Bureau of Land Management
- Central Intelligence Agency
- Defense Contract Management Agency
- Defense Logistics Agency
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Forest Service
- Government Accountability Office
- General Services Administration
- Health & Human Services
- HHS National Institutes of Health
- Homeland Security
- Citizenship & Immigration Services
- Customs & Border Protection
- Housing & Urban Development
- National Aeronautics & Space Administration
- National Security Agency
- Peace Corps
- Small Business Administration
- State Department
- Transportation Security Administration
- US Marshals Service
- Veterans Affairs
- Washington Headquarters Services