Individual Book Orders $15.95
eBook for immediate download: $15.95
- 10-49 copies: $12.95 ea + shipping
- Best Price: 50+ copies: $10.00 ea + shipping
For bulk orders use our contact us form (Click here.)
Call us at 410 744 4324. ext. 2.
SHIPPING FOR BULK ORDERS INSIDE THE CONTIGUOUS US:
$20 per box of 25 books.
For bulk orders, please ask for a custom quote.
SHIPPING INFORMATION FOR BULK ORDERS OUTSIDE THE CONTIGUOUS US:
Shipping to APO: $40 per box handling fee; 25 books per box.
Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico: $40 per box handling fee; 25 books per box.
APO / FPO, Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico – Please ask for a custom quote.
FOR A CUSTOM QUOTE:
Use our contact us form and tell us specifically what you want (Click here.)
Call us at 410 744 4324. ext. 2.
A custom quote is required for ALL bulk orders.
In Person Customer Services for Bulk Orders:
Zoey Troutman – 410 744-4324, ext. 2. M-F, 9 to 5 pm Eastern
We will quickly prepare an invoice and estimate and send to you for your consideration.
The 7th Edition is 90% new with more resume samples and case histories than ever!
You’ll find 17 sample federal resumes and 20+ accomplishment stories.
The resumes include “before” and “after” resume samples, so you can easily see what you’re doing wrong and how to do a federal resume the right way.
A comprehensive offering of Resume Samples include hot careers such as:
- FBI Special Agent
- Information Technology Specialist
Remember, federal resumes are different than private industry resumes.
This book helps you navigate the differences.
The Book’s New Organization jumps right in with directions for writing an easy-to-follow, stand-out Federal Resume – using the winning Outline Format.
It then addresses a wider range of Possible Goals of Jobseekers.
Part 1: 9 Strategies for Writing a Successful (Outline Format) Resume
Part 2: 10 Steps to Getting Promoted in Government
Part 3: Federal Career Change Stories
- Private sector to federal job
- Recent graduate to federal job
- Extreme career change in government
- Federal employee to private sector
Part 4: Special Insights for Information Technology Specialists
Here’s a sampling of the instructive and inspiring Case Studies…
Danielle – Successfully got promoted within same agency to a high-paying GS-14 position in the Secret Service.
Milton – Transitioned from private industry insurance claims supervisor to working for FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency).
Jenny – Overseas military spouse who got promoted in same Housing agency in Italy.
Philip – Went from recent grad to Pathway Internship with US Army Corps of Engineers in South Korea.
Margaret – Her extreme career change story shows how to find relevant experience in divergent jobs – in her case, from social worker to park ranger.
Eric – A veteran hired by the US Navy as a civilian Material Handler.
Ann – Federal contractor in IT moving into the private sector.
The how-to’s covered include …
- A step-by-step process for developing the outline format federal resume HR loves
- Discovering your knowledge, skills and abilities through a fun “how many hats do you wear on the job?” exercise
- How to find keywords from vacancy announcements to use in your resume
- Mining previous experience by using your performance reviews
- How to write accomplishment stories to make HR take notice of your resume
- Tackling the required OPM core competencies (through the rarely covered example of secret service position core competencies)
- More on secret service core competencies at:
- Submitting your resume and questionnaire to USAJobs
- How to interview and land the position
- Special considerations for getting promoted
- How to make those challenging career changes
Want a new federal job? This is the book you need to get there.
Author Kathryn Troutman is an in-demand trainer who is regularly hired by Federal Agencies to teach resume writing and federal job-seeking for their employees. This book is the most up-to-date and cutting-edge guide you’ll find for writing a strong federal resume and successfully landing your great federal job.