WHAT’S NEW FOR CFJST / CFCC IN 2023!
Federal Jobs in 2023
2 Book Awards for The Stars are Lined Up for Military Spouses – Kathryn Troutman
The INDEPENDENT PRESS AWARD® announces the
2020 Winners & Distinguished Favorites!
- Winner – Military Non-Fiction
- Distinguished Favorite – Careers
The ground-breaking Ten Steps to a Federal Job® Certification Program is the US Government Human Resources’ most-respected and most-recognized federal job search training and career coaching credential. Successfully complete the program and you will earn TWO certifications:
- Certified Federal Job Search Trainer® (CFJST)
- Certified Federal Career Coach® (CFCC)
You’ll also receive your Exclusive Instructor’s License for the Ten Steps® curriculum. Note that only licensed personnel are authorized to teach all 4 of the Ten Steps® programs:
- Ten Steps to a Federal Job®
- The Stars are Lined Up for Military Spouses® on USAJOBS – Winner of Two Book Awards
- Writing Your First Resume®
- Ten Steps to a Pathways Internship for Students and Recent Grads©
25 Books come with the Certification Training –
Value of over $600 included in the Certification Training Program
5 Federal Resume Books by Kathryn Troutman for your personal library and coaching reference
Bonus Books: 20 Federal Career Books to give to your clients …
military, spouses, students, first-time resume writers
Developed in 2002 by Kathryn Troutman, President, The Resume Place, Inc. (established in 1973). More than 3500 career and employment personnel from the military, US government, colleges/universities and private practice have earned their certifications and re-certifications since 2002.
Earning your CFJST/CFCC demonstrates your knowledge, skills, and expertise in coaching and training veterans and spouses to land high-quality careers with the US Government.
Who should earn their CFJST/CFCC credential?
- Family readiness and employment transition counselors at military bases
- Military career counselors
- Veterans counselors? VA and non-profits
- University career counselors
- Federal agency human resources and education staffers
- CareerOneStop and workforce counselors
- Non-profit agency job search counselors
- Private practitioners who have veterans and other fedjob applicants as clients
Attend the CFJST/CFCC Training and Certification Program and you’ll learn to:
- Teach the Ten Steps® program to jobseekers
- Guide jobseekers in the complexities of the federal government hiring process
- Interpret the requirements of USAJOBS
- Coach jobseekers in federal job search, OPM hiring requirements, best-qualified status, KSA writing, resume writing in the Outline Format
- Adding Accomplishments that will prove “past performance” and the KSAs listed in the USAJOBS announcement!
NOTE: All 4 branches of the US Military RECOMMEND that their employment readiness personnel be Ten Steps® certified to coach and train military transition personnel and spouses in federal job search.
We offer flexible program options to meet your specific training needs. Select the course of study that works best for you based on your learning style, location and schedule.
Join one of our live in-person workshops being offered in Catonsville/Baltimore, MD and San Diego, California.
Listen to our federal job training from your home or office, live or on your own time. Program is covered in seven 90-minute sessions.
Bring our training to your base, university, or agency and invite others to join! Host a small group (suggested minimum of 7) or an auditorium Ten Steps to a Federal Job program!
New options have been added for 2018 to provide you a wider range of choices for recertification!
Join one of our live in-person open enrollment or hosted workshops for the full length three-day program to fully refresh and update your knowledge and coaching skills.
Webinar (Full Length Program)
Join us for another round of our full length seven 90-minute sessions to fully refresh and update your knowledge and coaching skills.
Webinar (Short Program)
NEW FOR 2018! Now you can renew your license for another three years by attending just three 90-minute webinars to receive an update on the latest federal hiring information since you last certified.