Our Master Ten Step Trainers will:
- Train you in teaching the popular Ten Steps to a Federal Job® curriculum.
- Give you methods for coaching federal resume writing in the winning Outline Format.
- Provide you with the latest information about Federal Human Resources and Federal Hiring Programs. This will include Merit Principles, Veteran’s Preference Hiring Programs, Schedule A, Program S for Military Spouses, Pathways… and much more.
Live In-Person Training Is for You If…
- You learn best in a classroom setting.
- You need a pre-determined set time to complete the lessons.
- You can travel to one of our two learning sites ‒ Maryland or California.
- You’d like to meet and mingle with other students, who will also be federal career advisors.
Here’s What Others Are Saying about Live Training:
“I LOVED the class. It’s great being in class with extremely knowledgeable instructors [teaching] a curriculum that is applicable to all services and sectors!”
‒ Michelle Pike, Airman & Family Readiness Program, USAF
“I really enjoyed the breadth of information provided ‒ not only about the resume but the system as a whole, from the job categories to HR’s perspective and role in the process.”
‒ Kathryn Cranford, Work & Family Life Specialist, USN
“The training was, for me, that last missing piece between what I’d managed to self-teach and talking with agency reps that came to campus or to GCRC… While I don’t teach the 10 Steps curriculum per se, I use everything I learned that week in MD every single day in my work. Without the training I would not be at all confident about helping students write federal resumes or have any real understanding of how the competitive/civil hiring process actually works. I also gained a lot of understanding about working with veterans. My students are interested in Pathways internships [too].
‒ Marie Koko, Senior Career Consultant / Government Careers Specialist
University of Wisconsin-Madison Letters & Science Career Services
Taught by Our Master Ten Step Trainers
Kathryn Troutman and Charles Clark will inspire you to teach the best lessons on how to land a desirable federal job. Their lessons are easy to understand and transferrable to your jobseekers. This includes veterans, military spouses, students, civil service employees, etc.!
Live Training Lessons
Classroom / computer room activities include interactive learning lessons on:
- Identifying the many “hats” you wear at work.
- Freewriting of accomplishments
- Many USAJOBS essentials!
- Practicing announcement search and discovery – live in the classroom!
- How to interpret the complex government job announcements
- Analyzing keywords and creating your list
- Improving your profile and saved searches. (Bring your own USAJOBS user name and password.)
- How to track your applications in Application Tracking!
- Practicing outline format federal resume writing in USAJOBS Builder – in your own account!
- Doing federal resume reviews and assessments, using our 11-Point CheckSheet.
- Exploring the Mil2fedjobs.com website and learning how to use this for your vet clients!
- Gaining knowledge of Veteran’s Preference and category ratings.
- Understanding Schedule A and other disability hiring programs.
- Expert lessons for Military Spouses with EO13473 and USAJOBS. How to apply and stand out!
- Introduction to Pathways, including internships and jobs for students and new grads
- BOTH the Webinar and three-day program offers 24 CEU credits.
- You’ll receive TWO certifications: Certified Federal Job Search Trainer® and Certified Federal Career Coach®
- The Certification is valid for three years. Course participants who attend a class in 2019 will have a valid certification until September 30, 2022.