The Webinar Program is taught in eight
Like the Live Program, the Certification webinars cover:
- The popular Ten Steps to a Federal Job curriculum
- Insider federal job search strategies
- Federal resume writing, using the winning Outline Format we developed
- The latest info about Federal Human Resources and Federal Hiring Programs
Technology: Adobe Connect
We utilize Adobe Connect for our webinar classes so that our government and military participants will be able to attend the live classes. Each class is instructor-led on webcam with a visual website tours, PowerPoint lessons, case studies, and interactive exercises. You will be able to access the documents and relevant webpages during the webinar, as well as the webinar recording once the class is completed.
Advantages of the Webinar Training
- No travel time or related expenses. Just set aside time in your office or home each week for a live 90-minute inspiring program on a topic to help you advise or train your jobseekers.
- There’s flexibility ‒ classes are recorded! If you miss a program, you can attend during the week when you get time. Just sit back, watch, listen and learn tips to help your clients with their federal job search.
- A great way to get RE-CERTIFIED! The Webinar is also a convenient way to re-take the certification training. Renew your license to teach the Ten Steps curriculum!
- Can’t access the Internet for all sessions? Handouts and PowerPoints are emailed ahead of each webinar. In the event that you unable to get into Adobe Connect, you will be able to listen by phone and view the handouts.
- Federal Career Resources are included: Our books are shipped to you before the program begins. You can designate whether you want to receive our books in print (if available) or ebook.
Webinar Class Lessons
- Ten Steps to a Federal Job® – in two webinars!
- Identifying the “hats” you wear on your job
- Accomplishment freewriting
- Keyword analysis and creating your list
- On your own: Check your USAJOBS user name and password.
- Within the USAJOBS lessons, learn how to improve your profile and saved searches; learn how to track your applications in Application Tracking!
- USAJOBS announcement search and discover
- Demonstration and sampling of Mil2fedjobs.com website
- Introduction to the sample resumes in the books and online in USAJOBS
- Outline format federal resume writing in the USAJOBS Resume Builder
- Federal resume reviews and assessments with the 11-Point CheckSheet
- Veteran’s Preference and Category Ratings
- Schedule A lessons and other federal disability programs
- NEW! Ten Steps to a Pathways Internship for Students and Recent Grads
- NEW! The Stars are Lined Up for Military Spouses – with USAJOBS!
- New! Tips for landing a non-federal job
What Previous Webinar Attendees Are Saying…
After the webinars, attendees shared some of what they found most helpful:
“I certainly learned about the necessity of keywords and where to look for them [in the USAJOBS job announcement and otherwise]. Learning about the occupational groups and series was also very helpful!”
‒ Leslie Perez, University Career Services
“[I did] not have enough knowledge of the PPP/Program S. [The] information presented helped me understand the process and how to get spouses hired.”
‒ Debbi Leeds, Community Readiness Specialist, USAF
“How to target Top Accomplishments ‒ military members are accustomed to working as part of a team. It’s often difficult for my jobseekers to think in terms of individual accomplishments.”
‒ Emily Calland, Community Readiness Specialist, USMC
“The Federal Resume Review ‒ as a career advisor/career coach, I conduct a lot of resume reviews for students and adult learners… [I had] limited knowledge in this area and now I’m very well versed.”
‒ Winifred Winston, Chief Career Information Officer
“Specialized Experience does not have to be from your most recent position. It can be from any point in your work history, preferably from the last 10 years.”
‒ Sharon Usrey, Army Community Service, USAG Fort Hunter Liggett