Dec. 23, 2020 by Kathryn Troutman
President, Resume Place, Inc. and
Ten Steps to a Federal Job® Certification Director
Thinking about RP’s Federal Resume Writing and Training Customers this year
Since March 14, 2020, our Federal Resume Writing Services, Ten Steps Certification and Agency Training Programs have been the SAME as 2019 — only ALL VIRTUAL! This is what I have seen through our classes and coaching for Federal job promotions and hiring since the Pandemic started:
- Many Federal employees are working 100% virtual and doing a GREAT job with new organization and planning tools! We have heard many COVID-19 work accomplishment stories that are part of the Federal resumes. Work methods and practices changed… to achieve work objectives! Initiative, creativity and problem-solving All Day Long !
- USAJOBS announcements are still posted and we are coaching and training YOU on how to get Best Qualified and Referred. LOTS of new COVID-19 jobs are posted as well – a huge mission for 2021 – Vaccinate all Citizens of the US… and continue to lead / support economic and public health challenges. (2021 could be the biggest mission year for US government in 100 years)
- Leadership Development Courses in agencies are STILL training and developing top candidates for agency leadership – virtually! The government needs LEADERS more than ever!
- Federal Jobseekers are STILL mastering the Behavior-Based interview VIRTUALLY ! It takes Practice ! Hint! This year federal employees had GREAT problem-solving stories to achieve their work!
- Resume Place is training Federal Resume, Interview and SES courses very successfully virtually with break-out rooms, active chat discussions and exercises! It’s working!
- Our RP published books are available now as eBooks easy to access and read to write the best federal resume format!
SUMMARY: Work methods changed … but the work still got done and people are still getting Promoted – maybe more than ever because of demand and high retirements this year (a “cliff” as I heard in one agency). Federal job search, promotions, training and resumes are the SAME as 2019…. except more communication via online platforms and more email communication! WE ALL DID IT!
I wish you and your family and co-workers a great holiday season. Please stay safe and continue to everything you did in 2019 — only the new virtual methods – for now!
Relax and enjoy your four-day weekend! Get ready for 2021!
Kathryn Troutman, Founder / President, Resume Place, Inc., 1971 to 2021
– Fifty Years in Business this year ! – What a landmark! – KT