Logistics Management Specialist, GS-0346, is a popular position for military jobseekers. To find these positions, you can just go to www.usajobs.gov and type “Logistics Specialist”. I found 149 positions with this job title yesterday. These positions are located all over the world. You can narrow your search to the city and state where you would like to live. And you can also narrow your search to the salary or grad level that you are seeking.
146 LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST JOBS
GET BEST QUALIFIED – MATCHING YOUR RESUME TO THIS JOB SERIES – FIND THE KEYWORDS!
You can find the keywords for your resume in the Duties and Specialized Experience of the vacancy announcement. These are the important keywords that you should add to your resume to try to get Best Qualified for this position:
- PLAN AND EVALUATE LOGISTICAL ACTIONS
- IDENTIFY SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
- CORRELATE REQUIREMENTS TO ACHIEVE RIGHT TIME AND PLACE
- MONITOR PROGRESS FOR LOGISTICS PLANS
- ADJUST SCHEDULES AND RESOLVE PROBLEMS
- PROVIDE CUSTOMER SERVICES AND FOLLOW-UP WITH INFORMATION
Duties of a Logistics Management Specialist
These positions are concerned with directing, developing, or performing logistics management operations that involve planning, coordinating, or evaluating the logistical actions required to support a specified mission, weapons system, or other designated program. The work involves (1) identifying the specific requirements for money, manpower, material, facilities, and services needed to support the program and (2) correlating those requirements with program plans to assure that the needed support is provided at the right time and place.
Duties of a Logistics Management Specialist may include but are not limited to:
- Identifying activities that will be involved in providing needed logistical support
- Integrating the actions required of each activity into a comprehensive logistics plan in support of or to be incorporated into overall program plans;
- Monitoring progress toward meeting the logistics plan and to identify the cause and impact of delays or other problems (varying degrees of responsibility for taking actions to prevent or overcome such problems may also be included);
- Adjusting plans and schedules for all related actions as required by delays or changes to logistics requirements; and
- Evaluating plans for and provision of logistical support for feasibility, efficiency, and economy, and to develop alternatives when required.
GET REFERRED OR INTERVIEWED – TELL A GREAT LOGISTICS STORY!
A logistics story or accomplishment that will demonstrate how good you are in logistics planning. Give at least two examples of a complex logistics plan, including customer information, the challenge of the logistics plan or problem along the way, and the results of your logistical plan. The accomplishment will help you get Referred to a supervisor or invited to the Interview.