THE STARS ARE LINED UP FOR MILITARY SPOUSES®
ON PPP-S AND USAJOBS
Top Tips for Military Spouses and Federal Jobs
Military Spouse Preference
May 11, 12 noon to 12:45
April 11, 2018. RAF Mildenhall. More than 50 military spouses came from RAF Mildenhall, Lakenheath and Alconbury to hear Kathryn Troutman who came from Baltimore, MD to speak about how to land a federal jobs for through USAJOBS and PPP-S.
Here are a few of the initial questions Kathryn asked the spouses:
How many of you have heard of Executive Order 13473? 5 out of 60 (Military & Family Readiness Transition Staff)
How many of you have a USAJOBS account set up? 50% yes
How many of you have applied to federal jobs on USAJOBS within the last two years? 10 (out of 60)
How many of you would like to have a federal career? 90% (yea!)
Kathryn explained 4 of the most important lessons for spouses in landing a federal job!
- There is an Executive Order for Military Spouses who accompany their military member to military base, EO 13473. This is designed to help them land a federal position in the bases.
- Spouses can apply for federal positions as a US Citizen, but this not be using the EO 13473. The spouse will also be completing with Veteran’s Preference, which allows veterans to “rise to the top of a Referred List” based on their preference.
- Spouses can apply for “federal” “competitive” positions because of eligibility for EO 13473. These positions do NOT apply Veteran’s Preference, and they will have an equal chance of getting Best Qualified and Referred for all applicants!
- According to the HRO and the Military & Family Readiness Staff who attended the course, the MSP program is STRONGER than Veteran’s Preference for European Civil Service Positions.
- When the Active Duty military and family members receive PCS orders they can apply for PPP with the Mildenhall HRO 30 days before they leave to the U.S. And when they get to their next duty station in the US, they would simply check in with the new “receiving” PPP HRO.
AT THE VERY END OF THE CLASS:
Everyone received a copy of The Stars are Lined Up for Military Spouses.
How many of you WILL register for PPP-S? 90% of the class. All converts and understand that PPP-S and USAJOBS are separate job applications.
TEN STEPS TO A FEDERAL JOB AND THE STARS ARE LINED UP FOR MILTIARY SPOUSES are two popular federal career curriculum that are licensed through The Resume Place, Inc., Certifed Federal Job Search Trainer and Certified Federal Career Coach Program. Teach your customer jobseekers how to land a federal job!
The Stars Are Lined Up for Military Spouses®
FIRST-EVER BOOK FOR MILITARY SPOUSES AND FEDERAL CAREERS
Why a federal career for Military Spouses?
- Great salaries, promotion potential, family friendly, family leave, training and MORE!
[button colour=”accent” type=”slightlyroundedarrow” size=”large” link=”http://www.fedjobtraining.com/books/military-spouses” target=”_blank”]Order Now[/button]
Jobseeker’s Guide, 8th Edition
BEST BOOK FOR TRANSITIONING MILITARY, SPOUSES AND VETERANS!
[button colour=”accent” type=”slightlyroundedarrow” size=”large” link=”http://www.fedjobtraining.com/books/jobseekers-guide” target=”_blank”]Order Now[/button]