From Kathryn Troutman: I wrote and published Creating Your First Resume when my 3 kids were in middle school and high school. My children and almost all of their friends work for the Federal government today because of my knowledge about the federal resume and job search. I taught this curriculum in Baltimore County and Howard County Schools; plus public libraries. This article is to help the children of military families with the resumes for the next job or college search. This free one-hour webinar will give the military child and parent, the best ideas for resume formats, featuring education, work history, skills, accomplishments, technical skills… all of the best qualifications needed to begin a new career!
Celebrating Military Child Month,
Creating Your First Resume, April 2022
Free Webinars on FIRST Resume Writing
Thank you, military child, for your military service support, experience, education, volunteer experiences, lessons learned and above-and-beyond sacrifices for moving around 10 or more times throughout your education and early life!
Please attend our one-hour FREE webinar on Creating Your First Resume.
Dates and times for the Creating Your First Resume Webinar:
- Tuesday, April 26 12 pm EDT
- Wednesday, April 27, 5:00 pm EDT
- Thursday, April 28, 9:00 am EDT
So, what’s next for you? College? Internship? Beginning a Career? Job? Travel? Federal Agency Career? Military service?
Either way. you will need a good resume. Please attend one of the three Creating Your First Resume webinars with author and resume expert, Kathryn Troutman. Kathryn believes that all high school students need a great resume for whatever is next.
This webinar will cover:
- Resume writing basics – see more than 10 samples targeting various directions: college, internship, job, military, federal jobs.
- Technical and soft skills – what technical skills do you have? What are your best soft skills? You will need to feature your critical skills in the resume – targeted toward your objective.
- How to match Keywords in your resume! You will need to know how to find and feature keywords in your resume for your entire resume.
- How to feature Accomplishments! What is outstanding about your education and work / internship career. Learn how to feature your best accomplishments.
- How to add volunteer and community service events! These experiences add SPARKLE to your resume and help you stand out over your competition.
- How to feature Education, Courses, Projects, Activities, Awards. You have done a lot in high school. Write about your significant courses, projects and awards!
- How to present and package the resume! Usually, the first resume is 2 to 3 page, depending on your experiences. Look at hloom.com for many templates that can present your experiences.
- See samples of new high school and college graduate resumes targeting college, internships, jobs, or military service reserves.
Creating Your First Resume includes samples of resumes for all types of jobseekers, internships and college applications. The resume is critical for your success after high school, during and after college.
Register for one of the three, one-hour webinars about Creating Your First Resume! Get started with writing a competitive resume right away!
Resume Place, Inc., is a full-service resume writing firm – specializing in federal resumes for individuals seeking public service careers.
Write for a quote or consultation
Order the book, Creating Your First Resume
Kathryn Troutman is the Founder and President of Resume Place, Inc., a Federal Career Consulting, Writing, Training and Publishing business located in Baltimore, MD. Her firm specializes in writing and designing professional Federal resumes, as well as consulting, coaching and education on the Federal hiring process. She is the author of many Federal career books, including the new 9th Edition of the Jobseeker’s Guide: US Government Jobs for Military and Spouses and the popular Federal Resume Guidebook, 7th Edition (the 2nd best-selling resume book on Amazon).
You can see samples of high school and college resumes in Kathryn’s books.
Order Kathryn’s book, Creating Your First Resume
Order Kathryn’s book, Student’s Federal Career Guide