Kathryn Troutman, President, Resume Place, Inc.
March 24, 2020
People all over the world are experiencing the impact of COVID-19. Federal employees and military personnel are not traveling and many are working from home now. Just yesterday, the Office of Management and Budget recommended that all government agencies “minimize face-to-face interactions.”
The Resume Place is continuing to meet
your training needs with online classes.
We’ve been teaching online for more than 15 years for every major government agency. Our online classes are very popular and receive great reviews. We’ve been industry leaders in online teaching because of our commitment to teach LIVE courses with interactive conversation and activities.
Resume Place instructors can keep employees motivated, inspired, hopeful for their careers — even in this time of concern. If you’ve already scheduled in-person workshops with Resume Place, they can be converted to online training for the Spring and Summer. You can contact us if we haven’t spoken already. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The government is hiring!
USAJOBS job announcements are still posted. Federal human resources specialists and managers are still working. In fact, we just noticed four interesting new COVID-19 related job announcements from the Small Business Administration’s Office of Disaster Assistance: Loan Specialist, Disaster Recovery Specialist, Paralegal Specialist, and Attorney Advisor. The government needs employees to implement VA, FDA, CDC, FEMA, HHS, CMS, SSA, USACE and other agency missions to support the pandemic response.
More free, short webinars for Federal Jobseekers by Resume Place!
Register now for two webinars with Kathryn Troutman:
Writing Your Outline Format Federal Resume
Friday, April 3, 2020
12 noon to 12:45 EDT – FREE
Ten Steps to a Federal Job
Friday, April 10, 2020
12 noon to 12:45 EDT – FREE
Online Training Platforms:
Our instructors can teach using the following platforms: Adobe Connect, Gotomeeting, Webex and Zoom (others by request). We can also teach by phone only for agencies facing bandwidth issues! We send our handouts to attendees and use a bridgeline for the classes.
Online Course lengths:
Courses are taught live in 45 minutes, 60 minutes, 90 minutes; 1, 2 or 3 parts (options).
Popular Course Titles include:
Federal Resume Writing with The Federal Resume Guidebook, 7th Edition, just published 8 weeks ago!
- Federal Resume Writing with the Outline Format
- Navigating USAJOBS and Applying for Federal Positions via USAJOBS
- Keyword Analysis and Lessons on Targeting Your Federal Resume
- Accomplishment Writing with the CCAR format for your Federal Resume, Annual Evaluation, Interview Preparation and your SES ECQs
- Adding ECQS into your Federal Resume
- Ten Steps to Getting Promoted in Government
SES ECQ Writing
- SES ECQ Writing with The New SES Application, 3rd Ed.
- Leadership Competency Writing – Leading People, Leading Change, Results Driven, Business Acumen and Building Coalitions with The New SES Application, 3rd Ed.
- SES Behavior-Based Interview Preparation
Veterans, Military and Military Spouse Federal Careers
Ten Steps to a Federal Job (train-the-trainer, military, civilians, jobseekers)
- Ten Steps to a Federal Job® with the Jobseeker Guide, 8th Edition
- The Stars are Lined Up for Military Spouses – Federal Resume Writing for Military Spouses with USAJOBS – with the text, The Stars are Lined Up for Military Spouses, 2nd Ed., Just published June, 2019
- Behavior-Based Interview Practice and Preparation, Part 1 and 2
Interns, Recent Graduates
- Federal Resume Writing for Recent Graduates and Interns – Student’s Federal Career Guide, 4th Ed., coming June 1st, 2020, up to 3 parts
Certified Federal Job Search Trainer / Certified Federal Career Coach Webinars
- The train-the-trainer program is taught 5 to 10 times per year. Each course is 7 webinars, 90 minutes each with Adobe Connect. This program has been taught online (optional) since 2002. Webpage for dates, rates and agenda.
Certified Federal Resume Writer – Online Training
- This train-the-trainer program is taught individually to each person via online courses and instructor-led coaching via email. The course provides Federal Resume Writing training over a period of 3 to 4 months. We work one-on-one with you and your actual clients. Read the course description here.
Government Contracting Vehicles
SAM Registered, WOSB, GSA Schedule Holder, MOBIS, Seaport XN, Go-Army Registered
Past Performance References are available.
Want a Proposal and Quote for Agency Training? Write to Kathryn Troutman here.
Government Agency Training course descriptions are posted here.
Author Kathryn Troutman is Founder and President of The Resume Place, Inc. An in-demand trainer who is regularly hired by federal agencies to teach resume writing and federal job-seeking for their employees, her other federal career publications include the award-winning Student’s Federal Career Guide, The Stars Are Lined Up for Military Spouses, and the Military to Federal Career Guide.