Happy New Year!
Want to be Hired or Promoted in Government in 2023?
Top Tips to Succeed!
TOP TIPS TO MASTER 2023 USAJOBS APPLICATIONS
- Upload your PDF format resume if you can … instead of using the Resume Builder submission. Make the resume 11 point type, .75 margins, Times or Ariel format.
- Look at the Self-Assessment Questionnaire before you apply. Make sure your resume will support your answers in the questionnaire. AND… give yourself all the credit you can in the questionnaire. VERY important!
- Write accomplishments or specific examples of your projects into your resume to prove your past performance with the KSAs required for the position. Why? Because the HR Reviewers like the examples! These can help you get REFERRED and selected for an INTERVIEW!
- If you are a recent graduate, add your new college degree at the top of the resume – before the Work Experience section. WHY? Because you want the HR person and manager see your new education FIRST on page one.
- Match your resume toward the QUALIFICATIONS section in the resume. Why? Because the HR specialist will be specifically looking for these qualifications in your resume to hopefully find you Best Qualified and maybe even REFERRED to a supervisor.
- Don’t wait until the last minute to apply (deadlines are very tight now, sometimes 4 days). Why? The short announcement opening time is due to the high volume of applications that the human resources specialists will have to read. Cut-offs can be after they receive 50 or 100 applications.
GET HELP WITH YOUR FEDERAL RESUME:
Consult with a Certified Federal Resume Writer on your federal resume content!
Get a federal resume review and quote for federal resume writing for your new updated resume. $210 for one hour review of resume, update information, sample job announcement.
Quote for writing and editing needed to retarget the resume, add new content, edit previous content and add new accomplishments!
“THIS IS THE BEST $210 YOU WILL EVER SPEND FOR YOUR IT CAREER DEVELOPMENT!”
– KATHRYN TROUTMAN –
Order the Federal Resume Guidebook, 7th Edition below
– The No. One Resume Book in America, 2021 and 2022! –
Federal Resume Guidebook, 7th Edition – Number One Resume Book in America
Purchase the Federal Resume Guidebook here
The Author: Kathryn Troutman is the author of many award-winning career guides including the best-selling Federal Resume Guidebook, 7th Edition (Best Reference Book/Gold in the Independent Press Awards and more) and The Stars are Lined Up for Military Spouses, 2nd Edition. Troutman is the Founder and President of The Resume Place, a groundbreaking Federal resume writing and job coaching service in Baltimore, MD.
Based on the Ten Steps to a Federal Job® method, Kathryn Troutman and Resume Place, Inc., manage and teach a train-the-trainer Certified Federal Job Search Trainer / Certified Federal Career Coach program. The CFJST / CFCC has been taught for 20 years and employment readiness, career counselors and transition counselors teach and coach the Ten Steps method at military bases and job centers.