Freelance, Telecommute Writer-Editor
(Government Human Resources or Military Background Preferred)
Become a Certified Federal Resume Writer and Certified Federal Career Coach for Resume Place. Immediate opening with publishing, training and professional services company located in Catonsville, MD. The Resume Place, Inc. provides federal career consulting, federal resume writing, career development services to human resources professionals, military transitional counselors, and individual job seekers. We are a government contractor, and work extensively with individuals seeking federal careers, military installations worldwide and government agencies. The position is ideal for a retired federal human resources, senior management or senior military person with background in writing and human resources.
- FEDERAL RESUME WRITING(70%) – Write federal resumes from client existing resume, OPM occupational standards, accomplishments, interview notes, USAJOBS vacancy announcements, evaluations and client documents. The federal resumes are written for compliance with the USAJOBS resume builder. Seeking individual with knowledge of Senior Executive Service applications as well.
- FEDERAL CAREER CONSULTANT AND ANALYST (30%) – In order to write competitive federal resumes, advise clients about federal jobs, occupational series and federal hiring processes.
- Proficient computer skills – 60 wpm minimum typing speed.
- Knowledge of military translation/government human resources processes preferred.
- Knowledge of federal human resources and employment
- Prior working knowledge of Word, Excel, g-mail required
- Communications skills – excellent interview, coaching and communications skills
- Well organized & detail oriented
- Flexible team player, trustworthy and reliable
Must complete two certification programs: Certified Federal Job Search Trainer / Certified Federal Career Coach and the Ten Steps Certified Federal Resume Writer training programs. Or must have completed already.
This position is contracted hourly to start (20-30 hours/week); $33 to $45 per hour. Telework possible.
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.